Sustainable Food Trust founding director Patrick and his wife Becky Holden are hosting an open weekend at their organic dairy farm Bwlchwernen Fawr in Lampeter, West Wales. The weekend will consist of farm and dairy tours featuring the sustainable practices that Patrick and Becky have developed over many years on the farm, plus talks on a range of topics including agricultural practice, policy, principles of Harmony in education food and farming and pilgrimage.
The event will run from Midday on Saturday, 14 September until 5pm Sunday, 15 September.
Farm walks (Saturday and Sunday)
Tour of Cheese dairy and store, home of Hafod Cheese
Talks:(all in the farm barn)
- The future of Welsh farming – Jon Westlake, Head of Policy, Land Management Reform Unit, Welsh Government
- Harmony in Education, Food and Farming – Richard Dunne, Headteacher and Harmony Project Education Lead
- Strata Florida Abbey, place of Pilgrimage and Farming – Prof David Austen
- Farm history and work of the Sustainable Food Trust – Patrick Holden
- Cheesemaking at Holden Farm Dairy – Becky Holden
- Zero Carbon Vegetables – Peter Segger
Evening dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday is included.
Camping is available on the farm.
You can read more about Patrick’s farming practices and views about dairy farming here.
For tickets click here.
Sign up to our Newsletter
Stay up to date with the latest SFT views and news