The event will explore the unique capacity of farming systems to address the threats of climate change, biodiversity and soil carbon loss, whilst producing high quality, health-promoting food.
This conference has been inspired by Minette Batters’ target of net zero carbon emissions from UK agriculture by 2040. It is the first NFU/SFT joint event, underlying the urgent need to work collaboratively to address the challenge of climate change.
We invite farmers, policy makers, investors and other stakeholders to join us in exploring the practical, policy and economic changes that are needed to enable a transition to sustainable agriculture.
Conference session themes:
- Reaching net zero carbon emissions: Addressing the UK challenge
- Climate change and emissions from UK agriculture: The science
- Farming and business case studies
- Making sustainable farming pay
- Panel discussion chaired by Jonathan Dimbleby
Sir Alan and Lady Parker are generously hosting the conference at Hill Barn, Fir Farm in Lower Swell near Stow-on-the-Wold, Gloucestershire.
Further details on how to get to the conference will be sent out nearer the time.
Lower Swell, Gloucestershire.