Location: Bristol, UK (some home working required)
Hours: Full time
Salary: £18,750 pa
Reporting to: Head of Communications
Start date: July
Application deadline: 5pm 3rd July
Company Name: Sustainable Food Trust
Contact: Megan Perry, Head of Communications – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable assistant to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be right at the heart of the organisation, supporting us to amplify our work.
The successful applicant will be assisting the Head of Communications and will support our digital communications, including website, social media and newsletter, as well as our media engagement and campaigns.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has knowledge and a passion for digital communications as well as an understanding of the food and farming sector.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Creating and sharing content across our social media channels. Monitoring and responding to comments and messages. Building followers.
- Assisting with putting together content and sending newsletters. Increasing our newsletter subscribers and keeping mailing lists up to date.
- Assisting with website re-design and keeping website up to date.
- Monitoring our web, newsletter and social media analytics, reporting regularly on how we are doing and identifying ways to improve.
- Keeping our press list up to date, assisting with press releases and media engagement.
- Monitoring the media.
- Assisting with conference and other event planning, promotion, media and comms.
- Supporting campaigns, policy and research when needed.
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for applicants to evidence an understanding of our core-issues as well as knowledge and experience of digital communications. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
Whilst we don’t have a specific set of educational requirements, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following. However, training will be provided and the most important thing is to find the right person for our team.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to keep up to date with urgent tasks.
- Excellent communication skills: A confident, polite telephone manner, exceptional written communications skills, and ability to work as a part of a fast-paced team, both in the office and independently.
- Some knowledge and experience in the food and farming sector and the ability to demonstrate an understanding of our key issues is essential.
- A good working knowledge of social media channels and a passion to build these as an important area of our communications.
- Some knowledge of website and newsletter management desirable, such as experience with Word Press and Mailchimp.
- Some digital marketing and communications knowledge desirable, such as use of analytics tools and SEO optimisation.
- Some experience with media engagement or campaigning would be desirable but not essential.
- Some policy or research experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability to use Excel, Microsoft and Powerpoint.
- Must have excellent English language and an understanding of grammar, the ability to write succinctly to assist in updating documents and drafting emails.
- The ability to write in an engaging but sophisticated way for public messaging.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude. Flexibility and the ability to work as a team is a must.
You will receive guidance and support from the Head of Communications plus various opportunities to interact with our small, close team.
About the Sustainable Food Trust
The Sustainable Food Trust is a UK-based charity that works to accelerate the transition to more sustainable food systems globally.
We work in a range of ways, from broad-based public engagement through our various communication channels and events, to high level influencing through coalitions and campaigns. We also work at a research level, publishing ground-breaking reports and policy briefings.
Some of our key work areas include:
- True Cost Accounting
- Sustainability Metrics
- Sustainable livestock
- Local food systems
- Linking diet, health and sustainability
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV along with a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 explaining your interest in and suitability for the role.
Please refer to the above description and detail your experience in the areas listed. Please also include any other relevant experience or skills, such as research, design skills or experience with organising events. These are not essential for the role but could be a valuable addition.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 3rd July.
Please send to: email@example.comApply now