Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Grade: Officer
Salary: £22,000 – £26,000 per annum, depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Location: 38 Richmond Street, Totterdown, Bristol. BS3 4TQ – and virtually
Reporting To: Deputy CEO
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be right at the heart of the SFT, supporting the running of the organisation and the work of the senior team.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the Sustainable Food Trust (SFT) by providing support to the senior management team, primarily the CEO and Deputy CEO.
The post holder would also contribute to key projects; with a focus on administrative tasks, co-ordination of work and communications.
The role will have a strong focus managing emails, diaries and organisational administration, working closely with the PA to the CEO.
The role will also involve supporting the organisation with events (both online and in person).
You may be required to support the supervision of volunteers or interns from time to time.
Email, meetings and diary management
- Working closely with the PA to the CEO, support the CEO, Deputy CEO and other senior staff to manage emails, diaries, travel and other administrative tasks.
- Organise meetings with internal staff and external stakeholders, often across multiple time zones
- Liaise with meeting organisers (both internal and external) to ensure relevant meeting materials are prepared and any follow up actions are noted and completed
- Help record and submit expense claims and invoices from suppliers
- Take dictation from the CEO when required – excellent typing skills, accuracy and attention to detail are essential
- Deputising in absence of PA to CEO
- Monitoring email enquiries to SFT and dealing with or distributing to team members as appropriate
- Help review and maintain internal systems, such as IT and software (familiarity with Macs/Daylite would be advantageous)
- Take minutes in key meetings and keep track of action items
- Assist with team administration and HR tasks where appropriate
Project / communication activities
- Assist project teams in organising meetings and activities where appropriate
- Assist with communication tasks such as drafting or proof-reading documents
- Assist with internal and external communication on key activities where appropriate
- Assist with the organisation and administration of events (in person and virtual)
The successful candidate would also be required to carry out other tasks as may reasonably be regarded as falling with the requirements of the role, including general administration, financial and operational duties, working as part of our team, and of course to have an interest in the work of the SFT and be aligned with our ethos.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a covering letter of no more than one page of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 13th October at 12 noon.
Note: This job description does not form part of the contract of employment, but indicates how the contract should be performed. The job description may be subject to amendment.
|Qualifications||Educated to A-level or above, or equivalent experience.|
|GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C or above.|
|Experience||Experience of administration tasks at a senior management level.|
|Experience working as part of a team.|
|Experience of using various communication tools including email, diary invites, zoom/teams etc.|
|Fast and accurate typing speed of 70 wpm or more.|
|Skills and Abilities||Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.|
|A flexible working style, with the ability to communicate with authority whilst retaining a sensitive and good-humoured approach to working with others.|
|Good organisational and time management skills.|
|Highly motivated with the ability to act on your own initiative.|
|Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.|
|Good judgment, and analytic and problem-solving skills.|
|Ability to be tactful and diplomatic and to represent and be an ambassador for SFT.|
|IT skills including word processing, Excel and Powerpoint.|
|Ability to use social media platforms.|
|Other||Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and experience of implementing good practice.|
|Commitment to SFT principles and ethos.|
|Experience||Some knowledge or experience in the food, farming or environment sectors.|
|Ideally experience with Macs and Daylite.|
|Knowledge||Knowledge of food and farming sector.|