Job Title: Project Assistant
Hours: Full time
Location: 38 Richmond Street, Totterdown, Bristol. BS3 4TQ
Line Manager: Head of External Relations
Also Reporting to: The SFT Chief Executive, Head of Policy and Communications Manager
The post-holder will be responsible for supporting the Sustainable Food Trust (SFT) by providing administrative and other support for projects, meetings and events.
You will report to and provide support to the Head of External Relations in regards to ongoing projects, with an emphasis on the SFT’s harmonising sustainability metrics project and the SFT’s Defra Environmental Land Management (ELM) trial.
Your support will focus on but not be limited to areas of work that relate to your wider role (i.e. projects and communications). You will also work with the Head of Policy and Communications Manager to help communicate the SFT’s project work, both to funders and on our website/social media platforms.
SFT Project and Event Support
- Provide support to SFT projects and programmes by assisting with the write up of project plans, briefings and other documents as required, in addition to arranging and attending meetings/phone calls, reporting to the Head of External Relations.
- Aid the delivery of the SFT’s ELM trial to develop and test a harmonised framework of farm-level sustainability metrics, by keeping on top of project finances, admin, logistics and reporting.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on project outcomes, keeping SFT staff, trustees, partners and other stakeholders informed, and ensuring the timely submission of reports to project funders.
- Support the development of funding proposals connected to the projects being worked on, including drafting text and assisting with related budgets.
- Work with the Communications Manger to develop and write project updates for SFT supporters.
- Write articles for the website and newsletter from time to time.
- Provide support to the Head of External Relations in the run up to SFT meetings and events, including fundraising, arranging logistics, and helping the team keep on top of administrative tasks (including ticket sales/invitations)
- Assisting with post-meeting/event follow up tasks, including reporting back to funders on outcomes.
- Work with the Head of Policy on research tasks, and help draft policy briefings and reports where appropriate.
General Office Support
- Coordinate a weekly team meeting agenda and take minutes during the meeting, sending relevant actions to members of the team and prompting on follow-up.
- Carry out other tasks as may be reasonably regarded as falling within the requirements of the post.
Note: This job description does not form part of the contract of employment, but indicates how the contract should be performed. The job description may be subject to amendment.
|Qualifications||Educated to degree level or above, or equivalent experience|
|GCSEs in Maths and English at Grade C or above|
|Experience||Experience of report writing in an academic or work environment.|
|Knowledge||Knowledge of and a demonstrated commitment to sustainable food and farming systems|
|Skills and Abilities||Excellent communication and interpersonal skills|
|A flexible working style and a good team player|
|Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise a diverse workload and meet deadlines.|
|Highly motivated with the ability to act in your own initiative|
|Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, with the ability to present data clearly|
|Highly literate and numerate, with a mature writing style|
|IT skills including word processing and excel|
|Good analytical and problem-solving skills|
|Other||Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity|
|Qualifications||Degree of higher qualification in a subject related to sustainable food / farming.|
|Experience||Knowledge and experience of farming practice|
|Previous experience in a research, project assistant or administrative role|
|Experience in a charity or voluntary environment.|
|Knowledge||Working knowledge of charity operations and governance.|
|Skills and Abilities||Ability to understand and interpret scientific data, to distil critical aspects|
|Project management skills|
Please send your CV and a 1-page cover letter explaining why you feel you would be suitable for this role and your reasons for applying to email@example.com
Deadline 5pm 1st OctoberApply now