Leave a legacy
By remembering us when you make your will, you can help accelerate the transition to sustainable food systems.
Reasons to leave a legacy
Our vision is for food and farming systems which nourish the health of people and planet and are equitable and accessible to all.
A gift in your will can help us to make that vision a reality.
To bring about the transformation in food and farming that is urgently needed, we work in three key areas.
Find out how:
- Policy: your gift could support our advocacy work, as we strive for policy change that will support a transition to more sustainable farming systems.
- Measuring and valuing sustainability: your gift could speed up the international development and take-up of our Global Farm Metric, helping farmers to improve their on-the-ground sustainability as well as guiding consumers to make purchase choices which are better for the planet.
- Public awareness-raising: your gift could support our research and help us to share it with as wide an audience as possible, ensuring the public join us on our journey to sustainable farming systems across the world.
Types of legacy
There are a number of different ways you can remember the Sustainable Food Trust in your will, depending on your circumstances.
- Residuary bequest (a share of remaining assets): You could pledge a percentage of what is left of your estate, after all other gifts and debts have been paid.
- Pecuniary bequest (a specific amount of money): You could pledge a fixed sum of money to be paid from the value of your estate.
- Specific bequest (an item or items): You could pledge a particular item of value, such as an antique or a piece of jewellery, which would be sold to financially support our work.
How you can leave a legacy
In the first instance, we recommend reading the up-to-date advice of Citizens Advice.
If you decide that you need to find a solicitor, we recommend searching with the Law Society for England and Wales.
Your chosen solicitor will require the following information about the Sustainable Food Trust:
Sustainable Food Trust, 38 Richmond Street, Totterdown, Bristol, BS3 4TQ
Registered charity numbers 1148645
If you already have a will and wish to add the Sustainable Food Trust as one of your beneficiaries, a solicitor can help you complete a codicil which should then be kept with your will.
Find out more
For more information on donating via your will, please get in touch.
If you have pledged a gift to the Sustainable Food Trust in your will and feel happy to tell us, we would love to know.
Let us know if you would be interested in contributing a Payroll donation or leaving a Legacy donation. We will get back to you on what steps to take.